Kilimanjaro 7 Days Lemosho Route
As a newer route, it is more remote and arguably more beautiful, but a bit longer and slightly more expensive. It starts on the Western side of the mountain at the Londorossi Gate which is a further drive from town, and was introduced as an alternative to the Shira route. After beautiful forests and moorlands it crosses the Shira Plateau on day 3 to connect with the Machame Route at Lava Tower and down towards Barranco Valley via the Southern Circuit. You may be lucky enough to see buffalo, elephant and other game. Because this route can be done over a longer period of time for acclimatization, it has a higher success rate of summit.
Journey to the Top of Africa with Confidence
Itinerary idea in detail
- Elevation: 2389m/7838ft to 2785m/9137ft
- Altitude gained: 396m
- Elevation: 2785m/9137ft to 3895m/12,779ft
- Altitude gained: 1110m
- Elevation: 3839m/12,595ft to 3986m/13,077ft
- Altitude gained: 147m
- Elevation: 3986m/13,077ft to 4034m/13,235ft
- Altitude gained: 48m
- Elevation: 4034m/13,235ft to 4662m/15,295ft
- Altitude gained: 628m
- Elevation: 4662m/15,295ft to 5895m/19,341ft
- Altitude gained: 1233m
- Descent to 3106m/10,190ft
- Altitude lost: 2789m
- Elevation: 3106m/10,190ft to 1633m/5358ft
- Altitude lost: 1473m
- All meals on the hike.
- All Park entrance fees.
- All prices are quoted in US Dollars.
- Camping equipment if applicable (tents
- sleeping bags
- table and chairs)
- Flying Doctors rescue insurance for the time of the tour with Smile With Us Africa.
- Flights (International)
- Alcoholic and soft drinks
- Tips for Guides, Porters & Chef
- Personal expenses in nature such as money for souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees etc.
- Visa fees (100 USD for American and 50 USD for non-American)
- Immunization documents (yellow fever recommended for visa processing on arrivals)
- Government imposed increase of taxes and /or park fees
Inquire This Tour
All of our Tanzania holiday tours and Packages on this site, its just an ideas. Our Kilimanjaro Climbing and Safari trips and tours are tailor-made, so we’ll always adapt them to suit you. Fill your details below and submit the form, our Expert will get back to you within 24 hours.
Planning For Tanzania?
Planning For a Tanzania Holiday, whether Hiking or Safari, can seem overwhelming. But it doesn’t have to be! We have a pool of travel experts in this industry for more than a decade. Consult to get started.