Kilimanjaro 6 Days Machame Route
The most popular route to the summit of Mount Kilimanjaro these days is Machame route, and for good reason. This trail offers stunning views, a reasonable challenge, and plenty of time to acclimate, making it a good choice for those who have a bit of extra time in their schedule.
Machame route has been nicknamed the “Whiskey Route” because it is often perceived as being tougher than Marangu route, which is often referred to as the “Coca-Cola” route. Unlike that trail however, camping is allowed on Machame, which means trekkers will be sleeping in tents all the way to the summit.
Journey to the Top of Africa with Confidence
Itinerary idea in detail
- Elevation: 1811m/5942ft to 3021m/9911ft
- Altitude gained: 1210m
- Elevation: 3021m/9911ft to 3839m/12,595ft
- Altitude gained: 818m
- Elevation: 3839m/12,595ft to 3986m/13,077ft
- Altitude gained: 147m
- Elevation: 3986m/13,077ft to 4034m/13,235ft to 4662m/15,295ft
- Altitude gained: 676m
- Elevation: 4662m/15,295ft to 5895m/19,341ft
- Altitude gained: 1233m
- Descent to 3106m/10,190ft
- Altitude lost: 2789m
- Elevation: 3106m/10,190ft to 1633m/5358ft
- Altitude lost: 1473m
- All meals on the hike.
- All Park entrance fees.
- All prices are quoted in US Dollars.
- Camping equipment if applicable (tents
- sleeping bags
- table and chairs)
- Flying Doctors rescue insurance for the time of the tour with Smile With Us Africa.
- Flights (International)
- Alcoholic and soft drinks
- Tips for Guides, Porters & Chef
- Personal expenses in nature such as money for souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees etc.
- Visa fees (100 USD for American and 50 USD for non-American)
- Immunization documents (yellow fever recommended for visa processing on arrivals)
- Government imposed increase of taxes and /or park fees
Inquire This Tour
All of our Tanzania holiday tours and Packages on this site, its just an ideas. Our Kilimanjaro Climbing and Safari trips and tours are tailor-made, so we’ll always adapt them to suit you. Fill your details below and submit the form, our Expert will get back to you within 24 hours.
Planning For Tanzania?
Planning For a Tanzania Holiday, whether Hiking or Safari, can seem overwhelming. But it doesn’t have to be! We have a pool of travel experts in this industry for more than a decade. Consult to get started.